Terms and Conditions
Bluewater Supply sells its products and provides service to approved wholesale professionals, manufacturers and contractors.
Accounts may be available to other approved customers if approved by Bluewater Supply.
In order to be eligible for a wholesale account the customer must have a place of business and address. Wholesale trade recognition will be determined by a full explanation of your type and place of business and a valid tax id. Sales Tax will be charged to any customer without a valid tax exempt certificate.
COD or Terms Accounts
Bluewater Supply has two types of accounts, COD and Open Account. Please let us know the type of account that is preferred and Bluewater will provide the appropriate application.
Open Account Terms
Bluewater Supply payment terms are Net 30. After 15 days past due the balance is subject to a 1.5% finance charge.
Shipping & Delivery
Bluewater Supply will deliver to those customers at no charge on the designated routes. If a customer is located outside of our regular delivery area we will determine the best way to meet that customer’s delivery needs through UPS or motor freight.
If there is any damage to product while in transit it is the responsibility of the carrier. If there is damage, an explanation should be written on the freight document and immediately filled with the freight company not with Bluewater Supply.
There are no minimum order requirements for customers on scheduled delivery routes, however in order to qualify for no charge delivery within our delivery area, minimum yearly volumes and/or order amounts are necessary.
Non Stock Orders
Customers will be required to pay freight from the manufacturer on non stock special orders.
Returned Goods Policy
Bluewater Supply offers a 60 day return policy from the date of delivery under the guidelines detailed below:
1. Unused product requires written permission to be obtained by the Purchaser in advance, and a return authorization letter will be issued to the buyer. Product must be in new and resalable condition for credit.
2. The return of any product shipped in error by Bluewater Supply will require that a return authorization letter be issued in advance and accompany the order. All shipping arrangements and costs will be borne by Bluewater Supply for these returns.
3. All approved returns for product that was NOT shipped in error by Bluewater Supply must be shipped prepaid by the Buyer and delivered to our Morehead City location, and must be properly packaged by Buyer. Substitute for original box must be of a similar durability to the original box and must fully protect the item in transit. All material must be in the original carton and resalable.
4. Used Product or custom Product is not returnable except for warranty purposes. Custom product is defined as unique configuration for one customer.
5. Product returns, which are not approved, do not include the return authorization letter, are damaged due to improper packaging, or are not prepaid, will not be accepted by Bluewater Supply.
6. All credit will be issued at full invoiced price.
7. Non-Stock Special Orders may not be returnable. If the Manufacturer will accept the return a Manufacturer’s restocking fee may apply.
Bluewater Supply Warranty
Bluewater Supply is an authorized distributor for nationally recognized manufacturer’s producing goods for the marine industry. Many of the products distributed by Bluewater Supply are warranted by the manufacturer. A copy of each manufacturer’s warranty is available upon request. As a distributor, Bluewater Supply assumes no liability for the use of any item manufactured by others, and offers no warranty, either expressed or implied, for such products.
Bluewater Supply accepts the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, and American Express
General Terms and Conditions
Bluewater Supply is herein referred to as “The Company”.
1. All products are shipped F.O.B shipping point unless otherwise specified. The risk for all damages, destruction or loss of the products shall pass to Purchaser at the shipping point. The prices quoted exclude all applicable taxes, duties, tariffs, fees, levies, penalties and other charges imposed by governmental authorities with respect to the production, sale or delivery of the products, all of which shall be paid by Purchaser.
2. Claims for shortages, losses, and apparent or concealed damages sustained in transit, shall be made by the purchaser with the carrier.
3. Shipping dates are approximate and are dependent upon prompt receipt of all necessary information to The Company from Purchaser. The Company shall not be liable for late delivery due to fire, strike, civil or military authority, insurrection or riot, unavailability of material or parts and for other causes beyond its reasonable control, and The Company shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages arising from late delivery.
4. The parties hereto acknowledge and agree that the Purchaser will pay the entire purchase price per The Company terms of sale as listed on each invoice and these Terms and Conditions. In the event the Purchaser defaults, The Company shall charge and collect a service charge of 1.5% per month of the unpaid contract price. The Company shall also be entitled to all costs of collection including courts costs and attorney’s fees in the event of the default by the Purchaser
5. No terms or conditions or purchase orders and/or contracts different from the terms of The Company will become a part of any sales agreement, purchase order, or other document(s) unless specifically approved in a separate writing by The Company.
6. The Purchaser agrees to provide The Company upon request a statement representing that the Purchaser is and remains solvent.
7. The Company will extend to the Buyer all transferable warranties made to The Company by the manufacturers or suppliers of materials.
THE COMPANY MAKES AND GIVES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, AND IT IS EXPRESSLY UNDERSTOOD THAT IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSES ARE SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL GOODS, MATERIALS OR SERVICES FURNISHED BY THE COMPANY. This general warranty policy supersedes any other warranties contained in plans for specifications on which a quotation or proposal from The Company may be based and cannot be expanded without the prior and specific written consent of The Company.
8. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SUCH AS BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSS OF OTHER PROPERTY OR EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF PURCHASES OR REPLACEMENT GOODS OR CLAIMS OF CUSTOMERS OF PURCHASER FOR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS. ANY REMEDY OF PURCHASER SHALL SOLELY BE WITH RESPECT TO ANY WARRANTY EXTENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER. THE REMEDY OF THE PURCHASER SET FORTH HEREIN IS EXCLUSIVE, AND THE LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY WITH THE RESPECT TO ANY CONTRACT, OR ANY THING DONE IN CONNECTION THEREWITH SUCH AS THE PERFORMANCE OR BREACH THEREOF, OR FROM THE SALE, DELIVERY, RESALE, INSTALLATION OR USE OF ANY GOODS SOLD, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT TORT, OR UNDER ANY WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PRICE OF THE GOODS UPON WHICH SUCH LIABILITY IS BASED.
9. It is expressly understood that the title to property shall not pass to the Purchaser but shall remain vested in and be the property of The Company, or its assigns, until the payment of the purchase price and late charge, and the performance of all the conditions and stipulations of the Application have been met. No agreement for any extension of time or postponement of any payment shall be valid unless in writing signed by an officer of The Company. It is expressly agreed that the property shall be and remain strictly personal property and retain its character as such, no matter in what manner it may be affixed or attached to any building or structure..
10. For the purpose of enforcing The Company’s rights, the Purchaser authorizes The Company to enter on the Purchaser’s premises, with or without notice, and remove the property, and hereby waives any action, or rights of action, arising out of such entry and repossession.
11. Applicant agrees that venue for any legal proceeding regarding this Agreement shall be commenced and maintained exclusively in the state or federal courts in Guilford County, North Carolina, and Purchaser submits to the exclusive jurisdiction thereof.
12. When this document is confirming the Purchaser’s verbal acceptance, exceptions must be communicated to The Company within 10 calendar days after the date of this notice or the quote is deemed to be accepted by the Purchaser.
13. The Company and Purchaser agree that The Company may assign all its right, title and interest in the account created hereby including, without limitation, its collection remedies and Purchaser shall attorn to such assignee.
14. THIS AGREEMENT CONSTITUTES THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES, AND MAY NOT BE ALTERED EXCEPT IN WRITING SIGNED BY AN OFFICER OF THE COMPANY AND THE PURCHASER AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED PER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICT OF LAWS RULES.
15. An order may be cancelled by Purchaser only if agreed to by The Company, as determined by The Company in its sole discretion and upon payment of reasonable charges based upon expenses already incurred and commitments made by The Company in its sole discretion.
Bluewater Supply (the “Company”) makes no assurance or guaranty regarding any amount of credit or the continuation of such credit to the applicant. If the Company, in its sole discretion, provides applicant with a line of credit to facilitate purchases of product and/or other business transactions with the Company, such credit line may be amended, decreased or terminated at any time at the Company’s sole discretion. If such credit is provided to the applicant, the applicant will provide to the Company any or all annual reports containing the applicant’s audited consolidated financial statements for the a particular fiscal year or other applicable financial information, as requested by the Company. If the Company determines, in its sole discretion, that the credit worthiness or future performance of the applicant is impaired or unsatisfactory, the Company may (i) suspend delivery of products, (ii) require payment by wire transfer of immediately available funds prior to the scheduled shipment of the products and/or (iii) require cash, letter(s) of credit, guarantees or other security acceptable to the Company in its sole discretion. The Company may terminate any line of credit provided as a result of this application to applicant at any time.